Sunday, June 10, 2018

"The Sentient Machine" By Amir Husain Book Review

      "The Sentient Machine" by Amir Husain, covers the many ways that artificial intelligence(A.I.) is envisioned in the future. A.I.  will influence our lives in areas such as health care, financial markets, and warfare, just to name a few. The author does a good job holding the audiences attention when discussing the possibilities of A.I.  However, the author does not mention A.I. in terms of sentience.
        Husain offers plenty of examples of how A.I. will help humanity, but is lacking in describing how truly sentient A.I. will rise and sustain itself.  A.I. is treated moreover like simple input - output devices, where we as humans program an A. I. to perform a set of tasks through algorithms. 
        Overall I give the book a rating of 3.7 out of 5 simply because the scope of the book is limited to a general static view of A.I.  I recommend this book to someone that is interested in robots that are given a command and proceed with the task under the guise of A.I.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Unfortunately, in order to post or receive email notifications you must have a gmail account.